20/20 Code Up! A vision for the Future
Friday, January 31, 2020
2020 GAIDP CEU Event at ADAC | GAIDP will host a full day (6 credit hours) of CEUs that are accredited by IDCEC for interior design professionals. The presentations will feature local officials and industry experts, who will provide in-depth information on several topics affecting architecture and interior design professions.
- 8:00 AM: Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:45 AM: Opening Remarks
- 9:00 AM: Session 1 | Green Sustainable Materials for Building Interiors
- 10:15 AM: Session 2 | ADA Accessibility in Georgia
- 11:30 AM: Session 3 | New Codes and Rising Mechanical Costs in Office Buildings
- 12:30 PM: Lunch
- 1:30 PM: Session 4 | Georgia MEP Code Update Requirements 2020
- 2:45 PM: Session 5 | New Lighting Codes in Georgia
- 4:00 PM: Session 6 | New Life Safety NPFA 101
- 5:00 PM: Completion of CEU Certificates
9:00 AM | GREEN: SUSTAINABLE MATERIALS FOR BUILDING INTERIORS
- GAIBC, IDCED, LU/HSW
- Why focus on interior Materials?
- Understand Materials and Resources Credits – Overhaul in LEED v4.
- Optimize material selection when designing sustainable spaces.
10:15 AM | ADA: ACCESSIBILITY IN GEORGIA
- Understand how the ADA and GA Code relative to accessibility are structured
- Clarify how GA Code and Regulation differ from Federal Law and standards
- Point out common errors in construction relative to the standards
- Provide recommendations to avoid common problems
- Share references to obtain answers to questions.
11:30 AM | NEW CODES AND RISING MECHANICAL COSTS IN OFFICE BUILDINGS
- The effect of Gender-Neutral Restrooms on Mechanical Systems
- New Energy Code Requirements and its effects on Mechanical System Costs
- Energy Recovery: where is it required and how do we interpret the requirements?
- New Economizer requirements for HVAC equipment and important considerations for new construction
- Compliance path: How do we make this an easy decision?
1:30 PM | 2020 GEORGIA MEP CODE UPDATED REQUIREMENTS
- Summary of newly adopted Georgia Codes
- Energy Code compliance available paths
- IECC vs. ASHRAE 90.1
- ASHRAE 90.1
- Mechanical Equipment efficiencies
- Electrical Changes
- Electrical Code
- Lighting Controls
- Lighting Power Density allowances
- Receptacle Controls
- Mandatory Commissioning
- Commissioning types
- Systems requiring conditioning
2:45 PM | EXIT AND EMERGENCY LIGHTING FOR ARCHITECTURAL SPACES
- Exit and Emergency Lighting Codes
- Equipment Options
- Lighting Control Regulations
- Challenges with Connected lightin
4:00 PM | LIFE SAFETY: NEW NFPA 101 FOR 2018, EFFECTIVE 2020
- New changes
- Hazardous materials protection
- New occupant load factors
- New requirement for carbon monoxide detection
- New door locking regulations
- New regulation for healthcare and ambulatory care
- Video monitoring on stairs in high rise buildings
- Wall marking